Monday, July 31, 2006

killing trees in the meantime

In protest and in defiance to LeeAnn's claim that all the halfwhaters' fingers have been my claimed by gangrene or some freak accident involving margarita glasses, piranhas, and a lot of silly string, I decided to return from my leave of absence. My fingers are fine, thank you, if not a little tired. I'm still keeping up my travel blog, which has now become a "random thoughts while i'm bored at work" journal about reimmersion and the pointless differences between my two favorite countries.

Girls who haven't seen each other for a long time talk about weird things over dinner, sitting streetside in twilight Isla Vista. Namely paper toilet seat covers. Europe doesn't generally stock toilet paper or seat covers in their bathrooms, but back here in sanitary America I have recently become aware of a little seat cover trick. Apparently it is not necessary to take the extra three minutes to carefully punch out the middle, as the paper just dissolves on contact. I have officially become a voracious tree killer and paper seat cover user in response to this revalation. Thank you friends.

No comments: