Monday, November 06, 2006

Brief Ultimate Confession

Since I haven't burdened you all with much ultimate news lately, I do want to make this funny little confession:

At points during Peter Mulvey's set last night, I started to nod off, and I had little snippets of dreams that would really have been a nightmare all strung together. I was seeing brief scenes of getting point-blocked, being turned around by my girl on defense, and seeing a huck go off of my crappy mark. I sort of panicked, physically (a brief thought of, "Oh crap!") until I came back to the music. I wonder if having a phobia of bad playing helps someone be a better player. Maybe I could induce some sort of morbid fear of being out-run or out-jumped or dropping discs and then it'd never happen again.

*Note: I have been reading papers about behavior therapy for anxiety disorder. Man, I need to not be a psychology major. Also, stay tuned for photos of me dressed and playing as Elastigirl this past weekend at Brown's Huck a Hunk o' Burnin' Pumpkin Halloween tournament.

No comments: