Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh Well, Okay.

So maybe it's not as easy as just saying so.

I'm choosing classes now, finding I'm not that interested in some of the prospects, and getting really nervous about my whimsical dream of being an architect. I have no qualifications, no experience, and I feel locked in to academic obligations that aren't going to lead to the acquisition to either of those things.

I don't really know who to go to for advice, either. I'm very much more than a little lost, in a way that I haven't ever been while at school. I've always had some conviction or another for the classes I was taking (I'm pretty sure I even came up with a good justification for Choral Conducting freshman year), but now I am not sure why I would take "Body Image in French Visual Culture" (I'm not) and realizing that I can't take the studio and history courses I would like to take because I need to graduate. I am doing things like playing ultimate frisbee and working on a shabby literary magazine when really I should be applying for monkey work entry level positions at an architecture firm so that I can really figure out what I want to do with myself.

Man, I am cranky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, you are. what do you need to do a thesis for, anyway?

Debbie said...

Informational Interviews are really useful.