Sunday, November 06, 2005

What did you huck this weekend?

I went to Rhode Island this weekend for Brown's Huck a Hunk o' Burnin' Pumpkin Halloween Ultimate Frisbee Tournament. A mouthful, no?

I'm starting to feel that familiar concern again, that familiar obsession-- I once posted, way back in the heyday of our TPHS shared blogs, about a cross country race that involved buckets of rain, shoes of mud, and tons of steaming, pure adrenalin. I wrote about loving sport for that feeling of 125% exertion, vomit at the end of the race, running so that there are no regrets. I felt that today, when we lost a game to Columbia, whom we beat decisively just two weeks ago at Yale, whom we should have beaten today, and who fumbled stumbled bumbled their way to serving us our asses and egos today. I never was good at cross country, and I'm a long ways from being an ultimate player, but there was that frustration today, the depression that came from regret of dropping a good put, or not running down a huck, or not getting on defense fast enough and watching the other team score. It was depressing as hell to lose, but on second thought, knowing that I felt it at all was refreshing. Sport is instant pleasure: play hard, feel good. Hot damn diggity, dear Halfwhat readers, in this post I profess my love for ultimate frisbee and the swift, skilled people who play it. How terribly silly.

VIVA LE SPORT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vive le LeeAnn, our speedy little Asian, the epitome of hot damn diggity!

love
acup

Anonymous said...

Yay monster defensive badass. You are so hard core!!

rarrrr,
the baby dinosaur (aka c-cup)

Anonymous said...

i guess it's garamondo no longer.
farewell shutterbug