Sunday, July 22, 2007

Humility, Forgiveness, Hospitality

I think that people mistake humility for a lack of pride, forgiveness for weakness, and hospitality for prostitution. I think people mistake acceptance for copping out.

I think that love doesn't last because people have learned that they should fend for themselves and that they shouldn't tolerate anything less than what they deserve.

I think that sometimes you will be treated badly, and sometimes you will make mistakes; I think that no matter how much you really care or really love or really want something you are going to mess up and be a bad person, a bad friend, and a bad lover, and that you should always try, even if you aren't forgiven. I think you should take the lessons given you, even if they tell you you are unwise, you are petty, you are lacking, you are wanting. You should take the lessons given you, and try again. And try to be better.

I think you should always forgive. You should always be able to forgive, no matter what's been done to you.

No comments: