Thursday, December 16, 2004

progress report on my controlling my big mouth:
there is no progress report because there is no progress.

well, that might be a lie. i've been told i've been getting better. but really, if there's something on my mind, it's takes a lot of self control not to say it. how do you people do it? even if i don't say anything, my face, the traitor that it is, reveals that something is on my mind and then i get asked until i spill. to make things more confusing, the people who tell me that i need to control what i say are the same ones that bug me to tell them whatever's on my mind.
i also have trouble deciding where other people's boundaries are. is it really that bad to tell someone that you dated a convicted felon within 5 minutes of meeting them? i mean, she looked like she'd think it was funny, of course. where do you draw the line? at the story about the time when your aunt got drunk and peed in the punch bowl? or when you accidentally thought that augusto pinochet was a fancy cocktail? it's all very confusing...

No comments: