Friday, March 04, 2005

I enjoy waking up curled into the pink folds of my pink bed, of my pink familiar bed to find out about the unfamiliarities of life.

Things are never how they seem. This, we have been taught to accept since the beginning of time. We've all been trained and cultured to expect the unexpected, expect life to come as a string of tiny failures, one loop glamourously leading to the next. They've taught us how to deal with the let-downs, how to bear the burdens of daily dissappointments without the risk of possible breakdowns. By now I know the high's and low's of rescuing my own wandering mind from fits of depression and loneliness. The one thing they never taught us is how to cope with perfection and happiness. Gratitude is something that we've had to learn on our own.

Most often, less is more.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

hi Debbie, I miss you.

When's spring break? I'm going to be home Mar. 15-27 most likely.