Thursday, March 03, 2005

Tidbits:

I was at the newspaper office just now, getting my story of all time read over, and my editor offered me a beer. My "no thanks" was followed by loud "boos" from all the editors. I was informed that I had committed an office foul. They have yet to make a daily drinker, chain smoker, no sleeper out of me...

My story of all time will appear in print the day we get back from Spring Break.

I took a tour of the Pentagon on Monday, and unfortunately I am unable to confirm that it is, in fact, shaped like a pentagon. They had a hell of a lot of security, though.

I heard Hilary Clinton speak on Monday, followed by Barbara Boxer, and John McCain. I went to a cool coffee shop bar and had good conversation with good friends as it was snowing outside.

I like Washington D.C. I like journalism. I like my friends. I like Metric. Focus on the other things in my life? I'm trying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't I know about your story of all time?
-LeeAnn

lindsey said...

because I haven't talked to you in a YEAR :,-(

juli said...

Stop being so busy! And I thought that we have established the the pentagon is a pentagon! I miss you lots, hope everything's going well!

leeann said...

I hope I can establish that sort of tradition here at the Falconer. We'd have to change the scenario, though, according to what happens to be in the refrigerator. Ah yes, I'd be offering bottles of old salad dressing. Ay, there's the rub.

I suck at keeping in touch. But darling, it's going to happen! I'll e-mail soon.

lindsey said...

I know it's a pentagon...I saw it from the plane, actually, I forgot to mention that.

I would like to see the look on Olaina's face if you suggested beer as a way to make the paper more efficient. As long as you don't give any to my sissy, i'm okay with it. :-)