Monday, January 02, 2006

It's that time again...

It's really hard to enter a new year and not become really reflective upon the old one. Or maybe it's just my nostalgia acting up after watching one too many "I Love the 90s" episodes. I feel like a lot of things are coming around full circle, which is kind of strange in a cool way. That being said, I don't know if everything's just going to continue to connect or just burst apart. People coming, people returning, people leaving, everything just seems incredibly unpredictable, and I'm excited and scared to see how everything (and everyone) turns out.
My New Year's resolution last year was to become more self-confident and to not let people step all over me. It was a biggie, I know, and I'm not even sure if I acheived it. I definately feel a lot better about myself now than I did this time last year, but I can't tell if it's because I've personally become stronger or if I just ran away from my problems. I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt and say it was the former.
This year, as I was clinking martini glasses with two wonderful girls who I've known for way too long, I believe all three of us had trouble thinking of resolutions to make. I never really put that much stock in resolutions, even though I probably should since I like the idea of starting with a clean slate, so I said I wanted a drama-free year. It just takes too much out of me, and a tear-stained face is totally not a flattering look on me. It's a huge thing to hope for in the next year, but I've never been one to have low expectations.
So with ALL that said, here's to a new year *clink*

3 comments:

lindsey said...

i love you too

Me! said...

what's that picture from?

Avalon said...

That said...let's take off those pants.