Wednesday, May 03, 2006

They can't take that away from me

The great thing about sport is that there isn't a future and there isn't a past-- it's this point, this race, this finish, this layout. It's immediate. You can talk as much as you want about the mistakes you've made, but it really comes down to what you're doing now. It's how I've always wanted to live-- from muddy catch to fierce D and back.

I'm not good with initiative. I'm not good with consequences. It leaves me here in this place, relieved after a shower and proud of my bloody knees, knowing that no one is thinking about how or whether I will play Saturday, no one cares how I played in the fall, knowing that even today's practice won't matter in a half hour when I'm working on my physics problem set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fatalistic. i don't like this in you. can you go back to being happy?

you can because I LOVE YOU!!! yay roommates!

Anonymous said...

Leeann's good at everything...