Monday, August 28, 2006

Taipei


The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial


And just across the plaza, students and other dissenters call for Chen Shui Bien's impeachment and/or resignation. This photo was taken in early July. The impeachment never passed, though these kids vowed to stay at CKS fasting and spreading the word until he was. He wasn't impeached, he hasn't stepped down, but I believe they've gone.


A typhoon was coming. Below on the left is the National Theater, and the tower is the Shinkong Mitsukoshi department store which I believe was the tallest building in Taiwan until Taipei 101 came along.


Penguins along the rails of one of the train stations. I forgot which.


Spotted: POCKY in bag form.


Asian Schoolgirls. I hope this doesn't bring fetishists to our site.


Worn out and split open. You've served me well *sniff*.

No comments: