Thursday, November 04, 2004

I think I'll go out and Embarass myself

Lindsey's post is much better than mine.

I get far too involved with the poetry we read in English. I sit in Mrs. Swovelin's room dissecting until the words are in a inky, ridiculous mess on the page--I dig and try to g. d. in the u. t.*. I'm convinced now that everything has some sort of universal truth underneath whatever devices it's wrapped in.

Anyhow, in the vein of having high school academia telling life stories, it's very disquieting to study American government in a year like this. I feel like government is too big an idea to wrap my little head around, but then, many of the campaigns I see/saw and the political sentiments I hear/heard seemed very petty indeed.

I don't really know anything about politics, but I'm working on it. It all just seems so much more fascinating in theory.

On a non-theoretical level--the first ever 28-page, 3-section, Friday edition of the Torrey Pines High School Falconer comes out tomorrow. Color A1 & A12, B1-B4, C1 & C12. Vol. 31, Issue 3: the biggest thing since broadsheet.

Oh, and I'm going to read Vanity Fair for my seminar novel. Should I regret the choice?



*Swovelinese for "go deeper in the universal truth"

1 comment:

juli said...

I read Vanity Fair. I thought it was really good, but it's super long, I don't think I ever quite finished reading it. It's a good book though... somewhat depressing though.