Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The editor of the newspaper where I intern took one look at me today and said, "You suddenly look grown up." I replied, "Well, i'm turning twenty in a couple months, that's pretty grown up." I shot a look at the managing editor, who's in her middle twenties, that said "I know i'm not grown up at all" and the office laughed.

This is a weird age, this middle-of-college, not a teenager, not married, not a full-fledged member of the workforce or the country age. I can vote but I can't drink or gamble, I pay bills but my parents still support me. I'm okay with that; and I can always pretend i'm more important than that list of nots.

1 comment:

Me! said...

I was actually talking to someone about that the other day, how like sometimes I feel really old, and other times I feel really young. This is all just a messed up mind game of tug of war.