Monday, October 25, 2004

un petit miserable

It was a cloudy day in High School-ville.

Not to exploit my pathetic state further for the sake of a post, but this ridiculous world of secondary schooling is getting a bit out of hand.

I've never seen an entire class of students (meaning the entire graduating class, including my English class) seem so completely worn down. It's funny because all the girls and the metro boys have started layering and whipping out their scarves, but it's not so funny because many of those little bundles of 85% acrylic, 15% wool are physically ill and mentally stressed--it's sad to witness and rather frightening when they come in droves through the hall.

There's a lot to do and I can't wait until November, when I will have 11 actual days of school to attend, a 28-page 2-section newspaper to publish, 4 days in Atlanta to party up, and a week of Thansgiving break during which I will decide the content of 85% of my applications!

(LES MIS OCT. 31 HUZZAH!)

2 comments:

juli said...

All I can tell you is that it will get better soon. And in less than a year even better than that! Just tough it out for a little while longer, it'll come fast.

lindsey said...

Enjoy the FALCONER while you still can!