Thursday, September 30, 2004

definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely

So far I have failed miserably in my attempts at being politically active this year. Or, if not politically active, at least knowing what i'm talking about and being able to say it. I did not watch the debate tonight because I was working (I am however planning on reading the transcript quite soon). I did not go to see The Corporation because I was working. (Or, if not working, recovering from class and preparing to work). I did not go to the Campus Democrats meeting because I went to the Triathlon Club meeting instead. I have a Kerry Edwards sticker on my wall that I got for signing up for the Democrats' mailing list. I'm signed up to help register voters next week. I want to finally see Fareinheit 9/11 when it plays here in a couple weeks. I want Newsweek.

Basically, by the time I get my shit together, November 2 will have already passed.

3 comments:

Me! said...

i saw the debates. i must say that it was quite repetitive, but kerry did a LOT better than i thought he would, and Bush is very bad at the debating thing. But I think Kerry came off as an intelligent guy who can back up his opinions, he immediently answered confidently the questions that were thrown at him. and he finally gave that logical explanation i've been waiting to hear him say against the accusation that he always changes his mind, whihc is that being firm in your decisions is a good thing, if you make the right decisions, which is not what Bush has done. however, in trying to please everyone, i think Kerry may have said some contradictory statements, like saying that he would use military forces in North Korea if he needed to. but, Bush is awful, and like i said before, i Think Kerry has well thought out plans for what he wants to do in Iraq and international relations, which Bush doesn't even care about (his defense: i don't care about other countries and what they think of us, i'm only concerned with the U.S.... or somethign to that effect... *sigh* i'm really scared that he going to win).

Me! said...

i tottaly see your point ross, and i'm not really the biggest fan of kerry. however, i feel that bush is holding fast to a decision that is wrong and that people are commending his stubborness to different ideas as strong leadership.

haha, it's tottally hard not ot turn anything into a political forum.

Anonymous said...

Psss... I have a secret, you no longer have that John Kerry sticker :)