Saturday, September 25, 2004

Mr. Harvie, please don't lie

The laws of physics seem to be a bit out of whack today.

Mr. Harvie, the darling, with his crow's feet tanned into the corner of his eyes and those very hip little shorts of his, told me that in most places, the normal force will equal the force of gravity, so that I don't get sucked into the ground. He said in mud, in water, in air--it would be different, but today I've gone no place exotic, muddy, watery, or completely airy. In fact, I've only been walking up and down the stairs, pacing around my room, sitting in this computer chair for the ungodli-enth hour in a row, but I swear to you, I can feel the Earth slowly pulling me under.

Maybe it's the fact that I've decided that the physics SATII would be a bad idea. I never thought that the College Board could start controlling karma, too...

1 comment:

juli said...

omg I miss physics so much. Mr Harvie was the best teacher and I totally know what shorts you're talking about. Sounds like physics is out to get you. I definitely felt that way this morning after my softball game, everything possible managed to fall on the floor including the WHOLE BOX of ice cubes that we had just emptied, and it was hot and then there was no ice. Gravity sucks!