Thursday, September 23, 2004

I felt like a freshman today. A greasy, grumpy, discombobulated freshman. I still don't have a major, I still live on campus, and I still don't know what the hell i'm doing. My classes were fine, i'm excited about my Spanish TA, and my English class was interesting even though the professor lectured painfully slow. This is the first quarter that i'm not exactly sure of my fourth class, so i'm trying some different ones out, but this hole in my schedule is stressing me out. I really wanted to swim this afternoon but the pool is closed til next week. I'm not going to get to eat dinner tonight, most likely, because it's time for me to return to the joys of copy reading at the Nexus for 4 hours. I'm excited to return, i'm excited to really show them what i've got this year, but at the same time I don't feel like dealing with it all.

Where's that awesome, unbendable sophomore confidence i'm supposed to have? I've been here a year, I know what's going on, i'm established, i'm secure...so where's the confidence that's supposed to tell me to calm down, take it easy, and enjoy this quarter?


No comments: